5-Minute Vegan Pesto
FROM YOUR HEALTH FOOD STORE
Select and add to your basket:
Superfoodies Organic Cashew Nuts 250g £8.45
Marigold Engevita Yeast Flakes 125g £3.15
Meridian Organic Extra Virgin Oil 500ml £6.99
A.Vogel Herbamare Herb Seasoning Salt 125g £2.89
ADD TO BASKET £21.48
PICK UP FROM YOUR FAVOURITE LOCAL STORE
150ml Hot Water
120g Fresh Basil
6 cloves of garlic
I love my super easy 5-minute vegan pesto recipe! You just pop all the ingredients into the food processor or blender and whizz. Cashews are full of fibre and are an anti-oxidant, helping to give you that extra boost. I always have mine with a sweet baked potato as it is so tasty, but it also goes great with brown rice, pasta or on sourdough toast!
- Before you start, ensure you have soaked 150g cashew nuts for at least 4 hours. You can replace this with walnuts or pine nuts.
- Pop your cashews into a blender or food processor, and blitz until they become fine.
- Add 150ml of hot water, a little at a time, and blend while doing so. Continue this process until your mixture forms a creamy paste.
- Now it’s time to add the rest of your ingredients. Add in 120g fresh basil, 50g nutritional yeast flakes (this is a great cheese replacement!), 6 cloves of garlic and 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Blend again.
- To this add a dash of salt for seasoning (I always use Herbamare to add that extra bit of flavour) and blend again until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Serve this with a sweet baked potato, brown rice, pasta or on sourdough toast and enjoy!