Chocolate Orange Energy Balls
FROM YOUR HEALTH FOOD STORE
Select and add to your basket:
Green City Whole Almonds 250g £3.35
Lucy Bee Raw Cacao Powder 250g £7.50
Green City Desiccated Coconut 250g £1.59
Meridian Smooth Cashew Butter 170g £3.99
Naturya Chia Seeds 250g £3.99
ADD TO BASKET £20.42
PICK UP FROM YOUR FAVOURITE LOCAL STORE
1 cup of Chopped Medjool Dates
These energy balls are so sticky and indulgent, with that delicious chocolate orange flavour that we all love so much! Almonds, cashew butter and chia seeds provide protein, vitamins and minerals, while dates create that lovely sticky texture. The delicious flavour is made from cacao powder and a whole orange – absolutely no artificial flavours or added sugar!
- To start you will need 1 cup of whole almonds and pop them into the blender until they are fully broken down.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of cacao powder depending on how strong you’d like the chocolate flavour to be.
- Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of chia seeds – I always add an extra one in, however, to give this recipe an extra crunch!
- Cut your orange in half. Use the zest of one half and the juice of the other half.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of cashew butter as it gives you that bit more protein and taste.
- Blend again.
- To this we will add 1 cup of chopped medjool dates and blend again.
- Once that’s all come together we can roll them into bite-sized balls. I like to roll mine into desiccated coconut for some extra flavour!
- Once all your balls are rolled pop them into the fridge for about an hour and enjoy!
- They should keep for about a week… If they last that long!