Healthy Organic Houmous
FROM YOUR HEALTH FOOD STORE
Select and add to your basket:
Biona Organic Chickpeas 400g £1.09
Meridian Organic Light Tahini 270g £2.99
A.Vogel Herbamare Herb Seasoning Salt 125g £2.89
ADD TO BASKET £6.97
PICK UP FROM YOUR FAVOURITE LOCAL STORE
Meridian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml
Nairns Organic Oatcakes 250g
1 clove of garlic - chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
I love to make my healthy organic houmous! It is super simple to make as you literally just pop everything in to a food processor or blender and whizz. The chickpeas are high in protein and fibre, helping to give you that extra boost in the day. I always serve mine with some oatcakes as it is such a tasty afternoon snack, but it also goes great with crunchy vegetables or a flatbread.
- Drain 1 can of chickpeas (400g) with a sieve and rinse. Pour the chickpeas into the food processor.
- To that, add the juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 chopped garlic clove, 3 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of tahini and a sprinkling of salt.
- Give that a whizz for the ingredients to mix together.
- If you feel it is a little bit on the thick side, you can add a little water and whizz again until the correct consistency is met.
- That's it - so easy and simple to make! Store in a glass jar in the fridge and it should keep for about a week.
- For an extra bit of taste, I often add in some paprika or cumin!