Homemade Ice Cream
FROM YOUR HEALTH FOOD STORE
Select and add to your basket:
Rude Health Organic Coconut Drink 1L £2.99
Green City Desiccated Coconut 250g £1.59
Ombar Coco Mylk Chocolate Bar 35g £1.99
ADD TO BASKET £6.57
PICK UP FROM YOUR FAVOURITE LOCAL STORE
3 Medium Bananas
Handful of Strawberries
Keep cool this summer with my favourite homemade vegan ice cream! It’s super easy to make and has absolutely no added sugar – all you need are some frozen bananas, coconut milk and your choice of flavour. I chose strawberry and coconut because that’s a JdV favourite, but you could try chocolate, vanilla, nuts or whatever else you fancy!
- Chop up 3 medium bananas and pop into the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Once frozen, put the bananas into a blender along with a 1/4 cup of coconut milk - or any other nut milk of your choice - and blend until formed.
- You now have your base ice cream! To this you could add raw cacao and cacao nibs to make it chocolate chip, vanilla extract to make it vanilla, nut butter and some chopped nuts for a nut flavour or whatever else you fancy!
- I'm adding a handful of strawberries along with 3 spoonfuls of desiccated coconut. Blitz this for your flavouring to be blended in with your base.
- Put your ice cream into a dish and pop into the freezer to set for about 30 minutes.
- Enjoy! I love to scoop mine into a cone and serve with some Ombar chocolate.