FROM YOUR HEALTH FOOD STORE
Select and add to your basket:
Green City Puy Lentils 500g £2.59
Lucy Bee Organic Turmeric Powder 250g £5.75
Coconut Merchant Coconut Oil 300ml £5.99
Green City Cumin Seeds 25g £1.15
Green City Chilli Powder 25g £1.15
A.Vogel Herbamare Herb Seasoning Salt 125g £2.89
ADD TO BASKET £19.52
PICK UP FROM YOUR FAVOURITE LOCAL STORE
This is one of my favourite recipes – my friends and family all love how tasty it is! It is the perfect warming dish after a long day and is super easy to make! The main ingredient of this dish is Puy Lentils which are great for heart and digestive health.
- Place 400g Puy Lentils in a pan and cover with enough cold water to come to around two inches above their surface.
- Stir in the 1 tsp turmeric, 2 tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp chilli powder, a pinch of salt and 1 tsp coriander powder.
- Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Once cooked, give the lentils a good stir. They should have the consistency of porridge – thicker than soup and looser than houmous. Add more water as necessary (you will be surprised how thick they can get over just a couple of extra minutes cooking!)
- In a frying pan, sauté 1 small onion that has been finely chopped and 3 cloves of garlic that have also been finely chopped until they are brown.
- Once brown add in 2 tsp cumin seeds.
- When the mixture is really hot add this to the cooked lentils.
- Now you can add in your fresh coriander! You can add as much as you’d like depending on your taste buds.
- Season to taste, then serve on its own, with flatbread, or with a side of brown rice.