Morning porridge with a spicy twist
FROM YOUR HEALTH FOOD STORE
Select and add to your basket:
Rude Health Sprouted Porridge Oats 500g (Out of stock) £4.99
Rude Health Coconut Drink 1L £2.99
Linwoods Milled Organic Flaxseed 200g £3.35
Lucy Bee Turmeric Powder 125g (Out of stock) £2.95
Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder 125g £3.75
ADD TO BASKET £18.03
Porridge doesn’t have to be boring – with the right ingredients it can be a healthy and delicious way to start the day! My favourite morning porridge is made using gluten-free oats and nut milk, mixed with cinnamon, turmeric and flaxseeds and then topped with raspberries and blueberries. Super tasty, really filling, and packed full of nutrients too! It takes just 10 minutes to make and is best served warm.
- To start with you will need ½ cup of porridge oats and 1 cup of coconut milk or any other nut milk of your choice. This will be the perfect amount for one person.
- Heat this through on a medium heat for about 10-12 minutes.
- Once that’s nearly ready it’s time to add the best part! First add 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds these are packed with omegas.
- To that, add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric and a ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon. Turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory and cinnamon helps to balance your blood sugar.
- Mix these into your porridge until it is warmed through and well combined then put this into your favourite breakfast bowl.
- To get that desired sweetness, add in a few blueberries and raspberries.
- That’s it! A simple sweet and savoury breakfast that is the perfect way to start your day!