Natures Own Vitamin C With Bioflavonoids Low Acidity Tablets
Vitamin C is an essential, water-soluble vitamin that cannot be manufactured by or stored in your body, so needs to be replaced on a daily basis. Your daily requirement for it is higher than any other water-soluble nutrient because, unlike most other animals, you cannot manufacture it in your body. Vitamin C is very unstable, so storing, peeling, freezing and cooking food can deplete the vitamin C content in it.
What does it do?
- Helps in the growth and repair of tissue
- Helps support healthy skin, bones, tendons and joints
- Involved with iron absorption
- Acts as a powerful antioxidant; helps support your immune system and fight infection
- Helps to maintain normal blood cholesterol levels
- Involved in fat metabolism
In nature, vitamin C occurs in a food complex, including many bioflavonoids that assist its absorption in the body: these are also present in the Food State form. Food State Vitamin C has the same pH as in food, so is less acidic than ascorbic acid and therefore far gentler on the stomach. Most vitamin C sold on the market today is the isolated molecule of ascorbic acid, which is highly acidic and does not contain other food factors.
Why might you choose to take extra Vitamin C?
- If your diet is low in fresh fruit and vegetables
- If you are elderly, with particular nutritional requirements and consuming institutional catering
- If you drink alcohol and smoke regularly
- If you have a demanding lifestyle
- If you are wanting to maintain normal cholesterol levels
- If you are taking aspirin or prescribed drugs like antibiotics
- If your work involves strenuous, physical activity
Why Nature's Own?
Nature's Own Vitamin C supplement is in a Food State, which means the nutrients will be presented to your body in the same form as they are in food. Food State nutrients have been tested by independent laboratories, who found that they:
- are significantly better absorbed, longer retained and better used than standard chemical supplements;
- do not need to be taken with food, as they contain all the necessary food factors needed for absorption;
- have no known allergic reactions; and
- are suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Nature's Own Food State Vitamin C not only contains 250mg of vitamin C, but also 90mg of natural bioflavonoids to aid absorption and assimilation.
Vitamin C 250mg
UK Standard delivery is £2.99. For UK orders £19.95 or over this is FREE.
All international orders are sent out through Fedex on a tracked service. Postage zones out with the UK are split into the following 4 zones:
Zone 1 Delivery is £15. (Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain & Sweden)
Zone 2 Delivery is £20. (Canada, Gibraltar, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland & USA)
Zone 3 Delivery is £25. (Albania, Bulgaria, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Malaysia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey & Ukraine)
Zone 4 Delivery is £30. (Antigua & Barbuda, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda & Seychelles)