OptiBac Probiotics For Babies and Children
Babies and children have a different combination of bacteria in their guts to adults, and Optibac understand this. That is why their Probiotics For Babies and Children contain three strains of bacteria which specifically support the gut flora of babies and children. They also contain the prebiotic fibre Fructooligosaccharide (FOS) which feeds healthy bacteria in the gut.
These supplements are particularly useful for babies and children who are:
- Prone to digestive problems such as colic, diarrhoea and constipation
- Born by Caesarean section
- Taking antibiotics
- Prone to skin complaints such as eczema
- Prone to colds and infections.
For Babies and Children can also be taken by pregnant and breastfeeding women to support their child’s gut flora from the very beginning.
Here at YourHealthfoodStore, we admire Optibac’s honest and informative approach – they’ve got the science and research to prove the claims they make about all their products, so you can really trust in the quality of these probiotics.
NOT SUITABLE FOR VEGANS
Probiotic for Babies and Children can easily be mixed with your child's favourite cold foods or beverages. This OptiBac formula can be taken with formula milk when it is at room temperature, but not when warmed (as heat reduces the viability of probiotics.).Take as following, or as professionally directed:
- Infants from birth to 12 months: one sachet per day.
- Children 12 months and above: one to two sachets per day, as desired.
- Pregnant and nursing mothers: one sachet per day.
- Adults and children should ideally drink plenty of water during a course of probiotics.
- Probiotics are best taken with a meal, preferably with breakfast.
- Probiotics and prebiotics will not cause dependency, and can safely be taken on an ongoing basis.
SafetyIt is not recommended to give live cultures to patients who: are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the Intensive Care Unit, have blood in the stool, have central venous catheters; or to post-surgical patients with open wounds, or infants with short bowel syndrome; unless under a doctor's care.
- No added sugars
- Gluten free
- Yeast free
- Free from artificial colours
UK Standard delivery is £2.99. For UK orders £19.95 or over this is FREE.
All international orders are sent out through Fedex on a tracked service. Postage zones out with the UK are split into the following 4 zones:
Zone 1 Delivery is £15. (Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain & Sweden)
Zone 2 Delivery is £20. (Canada, Gibraltar, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland & USA)
Zone 3 Delivery is £25. (Albania, Bulgaria, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Malaysia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey & Ukraine)
Zone 4 Delivery is £30. (Antigua & Barbuda, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda & Seychelles)