Sticky Vegan Caramel Popcorn
FROM YOUR HEALTH FOOD STORE
Select and add to your basket:
Green City Popcorn Kernels 500g (Out of stock) £1.35
Lucy Bee Coconut Oil 300ml (Out of stock) £6.50
Coconut Merchant Coconut Syrup 250g £5.99
Meridian Organic Smooth Cashew Butter 170g £3.99
ADD TO BASKET £17.83
This healthy caramel popcorn is so sweet and tasty – the perfect snack for a film night with friends! It’s really simple and easy to make, with just a few ingredients: deliciously sweet coconut syrup, smooth coconut oil, creamy cashew butter and of course, popcorn kernels. Coconut oil is rich in healthy fats, while cashew butter is packed full of protein, magnesium and zinc – delicious and nutritious!
- Put 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in to a pot and melt until hot.
- To this add 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels. Make sure to add the lid to the top of your pot so they don’t pop out! Cook for few minutes until the kernels are popped.
- Once the popping has stopped, take off the heat and put the popcorn into a bowl. Be careful as it will be hot!
- Now it is time to make your caramel sauce. For this you will need 1/2 cup of coconut syrup – or you could use maple syrup or honey – and 2 tablespoons of nut butter. I’m using cashew but you could use almond or peanut depending on your taste preference.
- Place both into a pot on a medium heat until warmed through and mixed.
- Drizzle your sauce on to the popcorn and that’s it ready to be served.