Walnut and Raspberry Brownies
FROM YOUR HEALTH FOOD STORE
Select and add to your basket:
Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Organic Raw Fairtrade Coconut Oil 300 ml £6.50
Rude Health Organic Sprouted Whole Spelt Flour 500g (Out of stock) £4.99
Lucy Bee Fair Trade Organic Raw Cacao Powder 250g £7.50
Rude Health Organic Almond Drink 1 litre (Out of stock) £2.49
ADD TO BASKET £21.48
PICK UP FROM YOUR FAVOURITE LOCAL STORE
170g Pitted Dates, chopped
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 Medium Eggs
These walnut and raspberry brownies are so indulgent and delicious – and totally guilt free! There’s no refined sugar, white flour, processed chocolate or greasy margarine in these; just healthy, wholesome ingredients. There’s plenty of coconut oil which is full of healthy fats, Medjool dates which are packed full of fibre, and walnuts which are a fantastic source of omega 3, vitamin E and magnesium.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line the tin with parchment paper. Make sure there is some hanging over the edges - this makes it easier to pull out!
- Melt your coconut oil.
- Put in 75g flour into a food processor along with 170g chopped pitted dates, 1 tsp baking powder, 70g cacao, 70ml milk, 2 medium eggs and 110g melted coconut oil.
- Blitz until the mixture comes together and is well combined.
- Tip in 40g walnuts along with 75g raspberries and give this a quick blitz.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined tin using the back of the spoon to make sure the top is smooth.
- Arrange the remaining 40g walnuts and 75g raspberries on top of the mixture, pushing them down slightly.
- Bake for around 15 minutes - the mixture should be dry on top but slightly gooey inside.
- Once the brownies are cooked, remove them from the oven and allow to cool a little. Serve warm or cold - both ways are super tasty!